The Ideal Home Show Round-Up
Didn’t get to attend the Ideal Home Show? Don’t stress - Pure’s interiors team have just returned with an edit of the top 5 things you need to know about when it comes to home décor in 2018 and beyond.
1. Sustainability We loved the focus on sustainability in the 2 Lovely Gays kitchen pod. All the surfaces were made of sustainable, recycled materials. A particular highlight was a kitchen island made of recycled yoghurt containers, with metallic flecks from the yoghurt tops.
2. Colourful furniture The Pantone colour of the year is Ultra Violet and boy did the shade pop-up everywhere. We saw it in the Sophie Robinson Innovation House, the Kitty McCall X Sofa Workshop armchair and the Ultra Violet Sofa Workshop Little Jon Sofa – so on trend!
Using colour to modernise your home
3. The rise of the cocktail lounge The popularity of the VITA Copenhagen Audacious Bar Cabinet in the living room of the Good Homes Room Sets proves that the bar cabinet is becoming a standard feature of the modern living room.
4. Fresh ideas for children’s rooms In the Innovation House designed by Sophie Robinson, the children’s bedroom featured incredibly detailed, dark wallpaper by Black Parrot Studios, a GIDC Winner. Complete with tiny, illustrated trees, cars and flowers, the wallpaper is artwork in itself. The artfully placed String Pocket Shelving System is a practical yet design-led element which bought the room to life as a home for toys and ornaments.
The Innovation House designed by Sophie Robinson, featuring String's Pocket
5. 70’s revival The serene, tranquil bathroom at the Good Homes Room Sets featured an unexpected luxury – an infrared sauna from The Wellnesstree Group.