Royal Wedding Hair Special
Klaxons at the ready! The Royal wedding is moments away and it's finally time for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to make it official. There has been much anticipation at Pure Public Relations HQ as to a. what will Meghan's dress look like b. what make-up look will she go for (will it be a strong eye and nude lip like future sister-in-law Kate Middleton?) and c. will she wear her hair up or down.
Having just styled the hair for the exquisite new Temperley London Bridal campaign, we called up Moroccanoil’s Artistic Director Kevin Hughes to get the low-down on how to recreate the braided up-do and soft wavy looks. Consider them your fail-safe, super-chic styles for summer wedding season...
GET THE LOOK: BRAIDED UP-DO
2. Use Perfect Defense throughout the hair to protect it from any heat damage.
3. Blowdry your hair using Moroccanoil 45 MM Ceramic Round Brush to create lots of volume, body and bounce.
4. Part your hair down the middle of the back of the head and split into two sections (pig tails).
5. Create 1 ¼ inch hair sections and tease with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong, then wrap these sections around the barrel of a 1 ¼ inch curling iron to create soft waves.
6. Once you've finished tonging, create a center parting down the back of the head as if you were creating bunches, and plait each one into a traditional three strand braid.
7. Mist each braid with Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray to give effortless, textured volume.
8. Criss-cross the braids and drape around the top of the head, creating a crown effect.
9. Use bobby pins to keep in place.
You protect your skin with SPF, well this does the same for your hair. Simply apply to damp strands before drying
GET THE LOOK: ROMANTIC WAVES
2. Use Perfect Defense throughout your hair to protect it from any heat damage.
3. Blowdry your hair, parting it in the center with Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Classic Brush
4. Create subtle waves with a curling tong or wand throughout the hair, leaving the ends straight.
5. Spray Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray throughout the hair to give effortless, textured volume.
6. Polish your ends with Moroccanoil Mending Infusion - apply a pea-sized amount between your palms and work through dry hair, focusing on the ends after styling.
7. Finish with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong for long-lasting, weightless hold.
Split ends? Fueled with vitamins and protein this smooths over frayed ends
Royal image courtesy of Kensington Royal